Amethyst is a form of quartz, with a silicon dioxide composition. The primary ingredient is sand. The majority of
quartz samples are clear, but amethyst derives it's beautiful purple appearance due to small amounts of iron impurities in
the crystal lattice.
It is the semi precious stone and is used as a substitute of Blue Sapphire in Astrology. It is also considered as Mystical birthstone and Ayurvedic birthstone for Aquarians (Feb).
Pisceans - Lucky Charm
Saggitarians (Dec) - Birthstone.
Amethyst is also recommended for Aquarius or Feb born.
Benefits of wearing Amethyst Birthstone -
1. It is one of the best stones to use for meditation.
2. It is a stone of divine love. It guides the awareness away -from self-centered thought patterns as it lures the mind towards a deeper understanding.
3. It has calming mental effect, it is a stone that can be used for over- worked, over - stressed,
or overwhelmed mental states, and it gives protection to those who wear it.
4. It is one of the best stones to use for tension or migraine headaches.
5. It's good for people who tend to be easily angered or suffer from recurrent nightmares.
6. It brings you a peaceful balance of mental and emotional energies.
7. A good stone for insomnia and intuitive awareness.
8. It will bring you mental peace and harmony.
Amethyst was considered to preserve sobriety in ancient Greece and Amethyst adorned wine goblets to prevent drunkenness. Leonardo Da Vinci wrote that
Amethyst dissipated evil thoughts and quickened intelligence. It is a noticeable adornment in the British Crown Jewels, and the colour purple has come to
be symbolic of royalty. It was believed to promote piety and celibacy, and it was a popular ornamentation for religious purposes in the Middle Ages.
Where is amythest found?
It occurs in Africa, Australia, Russia, South America, Brazil, Uruguay.