Auspiciousness and Inauspiciousness of
Auspicious (apportune) Moment.
1)As far as possible the auspicious (apportune) moment should not coincide with the extra month (Adhik Mas), the zero month, the lunar month and the sunset.
2) Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday should be avoided.
3) Monday and Thursday are very auspicious.
4) The auspicious (opportune) moment should not fall in the
pregnancy stage after the seventh month of any lady in the
5) Auspicious (opportune) moment should not fall during the mensis
period of any lady.
6) The auspicious (opportune) moment should not fall in Hadpaksha,
mourning period, Divaskarma (performing rituals relating to dates)
and Shraadha ceremony (religious rites after the death of a person) If
the auspicious (opportune) moment falls in Jaishth or Aashadh, Sickness or
unnecessary increase in expenditure results.
7) If the auspicious (opportune) moment falls in Bhadrapad
or Ashwin month, expenditure increases unncessarily and
the situation becomes tense for no reason.
8) If the auspicious (opportune) moment is celebrated in
the month of Kartik, Paush or Magh the construction is
delayed. There is also a possiblity of theft of the building
material. Some provoking incidents take place. If there is
a conjunction of auspicious stars in the sky at the auspicious
(opportune) moment it gives good results. In this age
of science even well known and highly qualified people
start their new enterprises at the auspicious moment. The
worship of the land should be done in the east or the north
east corner of the plot at the opportune moment.