Description & extraction:
lemongrass oil has a lemony, sweet smell and is dark yellow to amber and reddish in color, with a watery viscosity. It is a fresh smelling oil that can be used with success
for fighting jet lag, cellulite, revitalizing a tired body and mind, as well as keeping the family pet free of fleas and ticks.
it is extracted from cymbopogon citratus (also known as andropogon citratus, a. Schoenathus - west indian, madagascar or guatemala lemongrass; andropogon flexuosus, cymbopogon
flexuosus - east indian, cochin, british india or native lemongrass), of the poaceae family. Lemongrass oil is extracted from the fresh or partly dried leaves by steam
1.Blends well with:
lemongrass essential oils blend well with one another, lemongrass oil blends particularly well with basil, cedarwood, coriander, geranium, jasmine, lavender and tea tree.
the main chemical components of lemongrass oil are myrcene, citronellal, geranyl acetate, nerol, geraniol, neral and traces of limonene and citral.
Lemongrass oil is analgesic, anti-depressant, antimicrobial. antipyretic, antiseptic, astringent, bactericidal, carminative, deodorant, diuretic, febrifuge, fungicidal,
galactagogue, insecticidal, nervine, nervous system sedative and tonic.
Benefits, Uses & Precautions:
• Lemongrass oil revitalizes the body and relieves the symptoms of jetlag, clears headaches and helps to combat nervous exhaustion and stress-related conditions.
• It is a great overall tonic for the body and it boosts the parasympathetic nervous system, which is a boon when recovering from illness, as it also stimulates glandular
• It is useful with respiratory infections such as sore throats, laryngitis and fever and helps prevent spreading of infectious diseases. It is helpful with colitis,
indigestion and gastro-enteritis.
• Lemongrass oil helps tone the muscles and tissue, relieves muscle pains by making the muscle more supple. It helps with correcting poor circulation and as an insect
repellant. It helps to keep pets clean of fleas, ticks and lice.
• Lemongrass oil can irritate a sensitive skin, so care should be taken. It should be avoided in pregnancy, due to it being a possible skin irritant.
A formula believed to aid the development of one’s psychic senses is used by many mediums, spiritualists, and psychics.
Apply to the wrists, ankles, and around the neckline. Carry on your person a talisman from the 18th century grimoire, The Black Pullet, which bestows on to the possessor the
power to read the thoughts for all persons. When it becomes advantageous to know the contemplation of another, apply the oil to the temples and around the neckline.
Sit in a
relaxed position in a comfortable chair and, holding the talisman between the palms of both hands, concentrate on the subject’s thoughts. Close the eyes, relax and within a
few minutes-sometimes only seconds-you will be absorbing vibrations, words, and even pictures of the thoughts of others.
Lemongrass oil has great benefits as a muscle and skin toner, and revitalizes the body and mind, helps with infections and keeps the family pet flea and tick free and smelling nice.