Botanical Name: Lameaceae
Description & Extraction:
lavender oil is one of the most favorite essential oils, as it has wonderful qualities and also smells great. It is a calming, relaxing oil, which combats stress and crisis,
while the antiseptic properties helps with cold, flu and other ailments. It is excellent for asthma and migraines. Apart from that it supports female health and on the skin
it has a healing effect, while preventing scarring and balancing the skin. Lavender oil is extracted from Lavandula angustifolia (also known as Lavandula. officinalis,
spica and vera), of the Lamiaceae (Labiatae) family. It is also known as garden, common or English lavender. Lavender oil is extracted from the flowering tops by steam
distillation and yields 1.4 % - 1.6 %.
1.Blends well with:
Lavender essential oils blend well with one another, lavender oil blends particularly well with cedarwood, clary sage, geranium, pine, nutmeg and all the citrus oils.
The main chemical components of lavender oil are a-pinene, limonene, 1,8-cineole, cis-ocimene, trans-ocimene, 3-octanone, camphor, linalool, linalyl acetate, caryophyllene,
terpinen-4-ol and lavendulyl acetate.
therapeutic properties of lavender oil are antiseptic, analgesic, anti-convulsant, anti-depressant, anti-rheumatic, anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, bactericide,
carminative, cholagogue, cicatrisant, cordial, cytophylactic, decongestant, deodorant, diuretic, emmenagogue, hypotensive, nervine, rubefacient, sedative, sudorific and vulnerary.
Benefits, Uses & Precautions:
• Lavender oil has a soothing and calming effect on the nerves, relieving tension, depression, panic, hysteria and nervous exhaustion in general and is effective for
headaches, migraines and insomnia.
• It is also very beneficial for problems such as bronchitis, asthma, colds, laryngitis, halitosis, throat infections and whooping cough and helps the digestive system deal
with colic, nausea, vomiting and flatulence.
• Lavender oil relieves pain when used for rheumatism, arthritis, lumbago and muscular aches and pains, especially those associated with sport.
• On the skin, lavender oil tones and revitalizes and it is useful for all types of skin problems such as abscesses, acne, oily skin, boils, burns, sunburn, wounds,
psoriasis, lice, insect bites, stings and also acts as an insect repellent.
• Although lavender oil is considered one of the safest essential oils, you should discontinue use is you have any allergic reactions.
As far as back the 16th Century, lavender was placed between the bad sheets to prevents months, and many modern homes still use in it their closets for this purpose and to keep
the linens fresh and fragnant.
To encourage thrift and prudence in all matters, anoint the wrists, throat, and ankles daily.
To promote peace in the home, add it to your scrub water weekly of keep an open bottle on the table, mantel, or other convenient place.
If you feel that someone is trying to take your job from you, discredit you with the boss, or in any way interfere with your work, write that person’s name on a square of
parchment and place it in a red flannel bag along with some cumin seed and some devil’s shoestring herb. Place the bag in a safe place and anoint it daily with lavender oil so
that the person will become very involved in his own affairs and will leave you completely alone.
it is useful for the digestive system, the respiratory tract and skin problems, it also helps with muscle aches and pains and arthritis and rheumatism.