Some specific periods in various tithis to be avoided for auspicious acts
1. Avoid kshaya tithi.
2. Avoid vriddhi tithi.
3. Paksha randhra tithis - avoid first 8 ghatis (3 hours 12 minutes) of 4th tithi.
avoid first 9 ghatis (3 hours 36 minutes) of 6th tithi.
avoid first 14 ghatis (5 hours 36 minutes) of 8th tithi.
avoid first 25 ghatis (10 hours) of 9th tithi.
avoid first 10 ghatis (4 hours) of 12th tithi.
avoid first 5 ghatis (2 hours) of 1st tithi.
4. Gandanta tithis- Ending one ghati (24 minutes) of poorna tithis (5,10,15,30) and starting one ghati (24 minutes) of nanda tithis (1,6,11) be avoided.
5. Parva tithis. These are 8th, 14th, 15th (poomima), 30th (amavasaya) and tithis falling on sankranti days.
6. Galgraha tithis - Avoid 4th tithi in krishanpaksha and 7th 8th 9th 13th 14th 1st, 15th (3 0th) tithis in both pakshas for upnayana (thread) and educational muhurtas.
7. Avoid 10th tithi in shukla paksha in ashadha month.
Avoid 2nd tithi in shukla paksha in jyestha month.
Avoid 11th tithi in shukla paksha in pausa month.
Avoid 12th tithi in shukla paksha in magha month.
8. Awam tithi: It is that tithi which along with its succeeding tithi ends in the same vaar. It is prohibited to
do any auspicious deed.