Marriage samskars Lagna shuddhi in marriage or vivaah muhurta kundli
The following points be kept in view:
1. The basic & for most requirement is that lagna should be strong and should not be any of
the thyajaya lagnas (thyajaya or rejectable lagnas are given in succeeding para)
2 There should be no papa kcirtari dosha for lagna.
3. There should be no yuti dosha with Moon, i.e.Sun; Mars, Saturn or Venus should not
conjoin it in lagna.
a. Saturn in 12th;
b. Mars in 10th;
c. Venus in 3rd;
d. Moon with a malefic in lagna;
e. Lagnesh, Moon or Venus in 6th (However, Venus in 6th acceptable if Venus is debilitated or is in shatru kshetra).
f. Mars in 8th (this dosha nulifies if Mars is combust)
g. Moon in 6th, 8th or 12th (this dosha nulifies if Moon is in Scorpio).
h. Any planet in 7th.
5. Benefics should be in 3, 4, 5, 9, 10 & 11th house from natal lagna.
6. 8th house be vacant from natal lagna.
7. Malefics be in 3, 6th or 11th houses.
8. 8th sign from natal lagna & janam rasi should not be vivaha kundi's lagna. (this dosha nullifies if lords of such signs are same or natural friends).
9. For Venusian/Jupitarian natal lagnas, malefics at the time of muhurta should be in 3rd, 6th or 11th from his/her natal lagna and Jupiter should be in lagna.
10. Graha shuddhi be ensured as per para iii below.
11. Most of doshas nullify and muhurta is very auspicious and good if:
a. Venus, Mercury, Jupiter are in 7th from Moon;
b. Malefics are in 3rd, 6th or 11th houses;
c. Moon is in 2nd, 3rd or 11th houses;
d. Jupiter is in houses other than 7, 8, 12th houses;
e. Mercury is in houses other than 7, 8, 12th houses;
f. Venus is in houses other than 3, 6, 7, 8, 12th houses;
g. Sun is in 11th house;
h. Lagna or Moon is vargottama;
Note: Points given below are taken from Brihat samhita; chapter 100, sloka 7 & 8.
i. Marriage may be solemnised in any of the constellations of Rohini, three Uttaras, Revati, Mrigashira, Moola, Anuradha, Magha, Hasta and Swati, when Gemini, Virgo or Libra is rising & benefics are posited in houses other than 7th, 8th & 12th and when Moon is in 2nd, 3rd or 11th from the ascendant & malefics are in 3rd, 6th, 8th or 11th houses ensuring that Venus is not in 6th and Mars in 8th from muhurta lagna.
ii. Janama rasis of the girl & boy should not be in 2nd & 12th, 5th & 9th or 6th, 8th from the transit Moon which should be free from papa kartari yoga.
iii. Avoid Vyatipata & Vaidhriti Yogas; Vishti Kama & Rikta tithi.
iv. Rising navamsa should be a biped sign (Gemini, Virgo or Libra)
v. All Uttarayana months excepting Chaitra & Pausha and Dakishanaya month of Kartika & Mrigashira be chosen.